Hiking guide book
The Vernon Outdoors Club’s “Hiking Trails” book - 7th Edition
The Vernon Outdoors Club is pleased to announce the release of the new colour edition of our popular North Okanagan hiking book. Particular thanks go to Fred Swirp for his untiring work and major contribution towards bringing our "Hiking Trails" material into the 21st Century; it is entirely thanks to Fred that almost all our hikes now have GPS waypoint information.
Please email any book corrections or suggests.
This 7th edition includes:
- 30 hikes in total;
- Spiral bound for easier use;
- Area map showing all hike locations;
- Trail map for each hike;
- Monashee area hiking map;
- GPS coordinates for each hike;
- Many great new photographs;
- Eagle Pass hike reinstated.
On sale in Vernon and area at:
- Allan Brooks Nature Center;
- Armstrong/Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce;
- Bookingham Palace, Salmon Arm;
- Bookland, Vernon;
- Chapters, Kelowna;
- Coles Bookstores;
- Davison Orchards Country Village;
- K&K Books;
- Lumby Chamber Of Commerce;
- Mosaic Books, Kelowna;
- Swan Lake Nursery;
- True Outdoors (Valhalla);
- Vernon Tourism.
Suggested retail price is $19.95; Special price for Club Members is still only $12.00 and still a great Christmas Gift!
For more information contact Fred Swirp at 260-5777