COVID-19 Management Guidelines for the Vernon Outdoors Club (VOC)
(In effect July 5, 2020, and last updated June 15, 2021, subject to any changes to the BC Provincial Health Office COVID-19 management guidelines)
Target dates for start-up of activities in 2021 are:
Hiking: Sunday 28 March 2021
Rambles: Tuesday 6 April 2021
Cycling: Thursday April 1 2021
In order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure, the club has developed the following guidelines that must be adhered to by all participants:
- Activities in 2021 will only be open to members, and no guest participants will be allowed to join in until further notice.
- Participants will adhere to BC Provincial COVID-19 guidelines, including but not limited to:
-maintaining a minimum 2m distance when hiking, and a minimum 3m distance when cycling from anyone external to your safety bubble.
-participating only when healthy and completely free of any COVID-19 symptoms.
-agreeing not to attend any VOC event for two weeks after having returned from abroad or having had contact with anyone who has confirmed or probable COVID-19.
-carrying a face mask and hand sanitizer, and avoid sharing personal items.
- There will be no sign-up sheet passed around at the meeting place, and participants must pre-register with the leader for an event by email. This should occur no later than 7 p.m. two evenings before the event. Please notify the leader if you must cancel, as this will open a spot for somebody else who may be on a waiting list.
- The leader will state on the website calendar whether to meet in the regular meeting place, or at the trail head, or starting point for the cycling. Directions to the latter will be provided in the event calendar.
- There will be no organized carpooling, and participants will need to make their own arrangements for transport to the trail head or starting point for the cycling.
- We are here to have fun but let us all do our part and respects people’s space during the pandemic.
Updated 15 June 2021 (RvZ)